Welsh Authority Goes Live With Multilingual Consultation
Wednesday 22nd of April 2009
JDi Solutions' e-consultation system can now manage consultations in any number of languages and present a completely multilingual system to the public as demonstrated by Conwy County Borough Council in Wales.
Welsh local authorities are no strangers to the issues of multilingual consultations and so it was with great enthusiasm that we teamed up with Conwy to develop the necessary features in the e-consultation system to enable this to happen. As a result we have developed a system with the following features:
- Ability to translate all public side text including error messages, the home page, representation forms etc.
- Complete document translation including contents list with a simple import facility to make matching the 2 documents much easier.
- Translate reps in bulk to and from all languages used.
- Manage all reps together on one document regardless of which language they were received in.
- UTF-8 character set used enabling any character including the Chinese and Arabic alphabets.
The multilingual module is available as an optional add-on to all JDi customers. We already have all Welsh translations done and are looking for a partner authority to help us add new languages.